Thursday, July 31, 2008

"PAC Day"!

Today I ventured out into the world at the frighteningly early hour of 8.00am... okay, so it was more like 8.15am but anyway... you may ask yourself why. I certainly do sometimes!
Today was "PAC Day", and PAC starts at 8.30am.


I'm going to share some of the things I love about PAC Day...

Abbey, a Year 2 student, seeing me at recess one particularly wet weathered day and saying "I thought today was gonna be a bad day cos it was all stormy, but now you're here and it's turned into a good day!"

Allarna, a Year 5 student, flying at me at full speed whenever she sees me and enveloping me in a massive bear hug.

Karis, a kindergarten student, teling her teacher "My mum's teaching Miss Parata the violin!" like it was her proudest achievement.

Any number of Kindergarten students commenting "I like your hair/shoes/dress Miss Parata!"

The smiles and hello's I get whenever I'm in the playground

I even like having to tie up, on average, 20 shoelaces a day because seeing the smiles on their little faces as I do so makes me smile back and feel just a little happier about being in this world.


The funny- or beautiful, whichever way you choose to look at it- thing about this is, I have never met these kids before I started volunteering at PAC, yet they embrace me and love on me like nobody's business. I don't know who's more excited for PAC Day every week- me or them! But it makes me so much more impatient for the day I can finally teach my own class, where I can only hope I'm blessed with the kind of kids that make me laugh and love life then as much as I do now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for οnes marvelous pοѕting! I truly enjoyed reаding іt, yоu might be a great author.
I wіll make sure tο bοоκmaгκ
yοur blog аnd will come bacκ somedау.
I wаnt to enсourаge continue yοuг grеat job, hаѵe а
nice mοrning!

Taκe a look at my website pure green coffee extract