Friday, November 13, 2009

So Close

I am so close to finishing my degree!

All that separates me from all the glory and pomp and circumstance is one pesky exam on next Monday (the 16th). An exam that's scheduled to start at 5.30pm! (Who has energy to do anything at that time of night?)



It's also getting so close to Christmas!

I love Christmas! It's my favourite season.

I feel like Christmas doesn't last long enough, so I've followed The Nester and started bringing out some of my Christmas decorations early!



These are some of the decorations I've already put out around our house (Okay, they're only out because I bought them on one of my Wednesday shopping trips with Laura to Bed Bath N Table, and they're too cute to put away in a box and wait til December!) I think I've mentioned before that every Wednesday Laura & I go out for brunch and we always, without fail, go straight to Bed Bath N Table afterwards. We're there so often, the ladies recognise us and always say "It must be Wednesday!"


My first Christmas themed purchase from Bed Bath N Table was this colourful metal wall hanging. They had it hanging in the shop and it was love at first sight. I love the colours.




I also love these little terracotta ornaments. They're meant to hang on the tree, but I think they'll look much better hung around our house! Maybe on the wall, hung in a line... I'm not sure yet.



I bought these "Ho Ho Ho" blocks at the same time that I bought the terracotta ornaments. Laura teased me (in a good natured way) and said I always pick "country" stuff. But they're so cute! I originally had these arranged in a horizontal line across the glass table in our formal lounge room, but when I went to take photos of them this morning, I saw that my mother had moved them and arranged them vertically like this instead.






This wooden tree spells out "Christmas" in the shape of a tree. I bought this on an earlier trip. Laura again teased me, saying it looks too "country". But I love it. This was one thing I didn't buy straight away from Bed Bath N Table; I saw it one Wednesday and didn't buy it, but when I saw it the next Wednesday I decided that I still loved it, and therefore it needed to be bought!





These candles are (shock) not from Bed Bath N Table! I actually bought the big red candle from the post office sometime last Christmas when I needed to spend over $10 in order to use Eftpos! Turns out it was a good impulse buy, because I absolutely love the colour! To make it a bit more festive, I added the two glittery silver candles I got as a present last Christmas from one of my dance students.

No comments: