Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Australia Day


Today is Australia Day!

I love Australia Day! We get a public holiday and everyone is relaxed and has BBQ lunches.

Last night I slept over my friend Laura's house with 2 other friends, and we stayed up til 4am talking (well, Laura fell asleep on the couch at 2am). This morning, I got up first and spent some time sitting outside and reading.

When the others got up, we had a late breakfast and then in true Aussie style, we went to Laura's friend's house for a BBQ and a swim.



I even wore blue & red swimmers - the colours on the Aussie flag

And of course- the quintessential Aussie thongs! (Although mine are black!)


Lots of people go the beach, but today it was so hot! Even in the pool, we were all fighting to stay in the shade because it was so hot and sunny!

I may be convinced to go the beach next year, but only if I can get one of these:

Tonight we are going to the Penrith Regatta Centre to watch the fireworks. There's always lots of people there, but it's worth braving the crowds for! The Australia Day fireworks are awesome! vIt's always the perfect way to wrap up a fun day!

No comments: