Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter Weekend

My friends and I spent the Easter Weekend at the beach!

My friend Laura's family have an apartment in Shellharbour, near Wollongong and we went down after church on Easter Sunday to spend the night.

We made a road trip of the two hour drive to get there. Keisha drove, Claryse sat in the passenger seat and I sat in the back and controlled the iPod playlist we had going.



It was Easter, so we had lots of healthy snacks for the journey...



That ended up a little worse for wear after being stuck in the hot car...



We got there in the afternoon...




This was the view from Laura's apartment.



We spent the day browsing all of the little boutique stores in the main street.



And enjoying the sunshine down by the water.






Keisha lost her shoe in the water, and I came up with a genius plan to find a stick long enough to get it back!



Success!



The sky really was that blue! No editing, I promise!






The four of us- Laura, me, Keisha & Claryse





Keisha & I at low tide.







Enjoying the scenery...












We decided to make our little beach vacation into a photo opp!




What's a holiday near the beach without a jump photo?




Strawberry champagne to finish off a great day.



We made our own cocktails- strawberry champagne with orange & mango juice!



The sunset from our view on the balcony.



We played an intense game of Monopoly- I think some of my friends have futures as real estate moguls!





The next day was ANZAC Day/ Easter Monday- this was one of the memorials we saw around town, covered with wreaths from the dawn service.



It was a bit colder and greyer that day..



These pelicans were on every pole!




The beautiful view of the beach and rockpools as we left

No comments: