Friday, June 24, 2011

Birthday Party

Last weekend I invited a few friends over to celebrate my 23rd birthday.

I had grand plans of baking all this incredible food... but since it was my first week teaching at school, it didn't really pan out that way!

Mum & I ended up doing a run down to a local bulk food store and stocking up on lots of yummy food like this instead!



The food table- all the flowers were given to me on the day of my birthday! Two kids from my class gave me hand cut flowers from their gardens, which I put in the vases on the left and right.


Me and my best buds- Claryse, Keisha, Elise & Laura



Opening presents




I'm laughing in this photo because Laura bought me a giant porcelain piggy bank to encourage me to start saving now I'm earning decent money as a full time teacher!



My mum surprised me by secretly ordering a cake- I had no idea until the day of the party! Even better, it was a gluten free choc hazelnut cake with macaroons- and it tasted just like Nutella! Yum.









Everyone had a great night- we played pool and sang along to the karaoke that was on MTV and danced like idiots and stayed up talking til the wee hours!

No comments: