Friday, July 8, 2011

Ice Ice Baby!

I went iceskating on the beach last night!


Just like last year, my sister Chelsea & I went to Bondi Beach where they have constructed a huge icerink right on the sand!





I got really cheap tickets off the Team Spreets website (I subscribe to a ton of these deal websites now; you can get some really great stuff for cheap prices!), and Chelsea agreed to come with me again, even though we have been having freezing cold, ridiculously windy weather lately!





We had the best time! They had created a little alpine snow village right on the beach, and everyone was dressed up like they worked at a Swiss chalet!


After last year, where we rocked it on the ice, Chels & I thought we would be awesome iceskaters once again...

But we ended up spending most of our time on the rink like this:




For some reason, the icerink wasn't smooth and flat like usual. Instead, it had these little divets every couple of metres, which made it hard to skate!


Everytime we let go of each other's hands we seemed to stumble and almost fall - although neither of us actually fell.




I guess that's what you get for thinking you're a big-shot pro iceskater who had beginner's luck last year.

Training for next year's icescapades starts now!

:)

No comments: