Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Big Weekend

I had a very busy weekend last week. Although it was the last week of school holidays, I was still at uni and work. In addition to working Friday, Saturday, Sunday at JeansWest, I had birthday parties to attend, assignments to finish and errands to run.

Thursday was Emi's birthday party at AMF Bowling. Emi is one of my dance teacher's daughters. I babysit her and her sister Jordan quite often. She turned 8 last week and to celebrate everyone went bowling. A few of the PAC kids that turned up looked at me suspiciously and asked "What are you doing here Miss Parata?" Like, what am I doing outside of the school grounds? I don't have a life outside school! Are you kidding? hahaha.

Anyway, I didn't actually bowl (I'm not that good) but near the end, Jordan was trailing quite considerably so I helped her out.

Saturday afternoon/night was Kearney's surprise 60th. We all had to hide in the garage when he arrived, and it was a stinking hot day so it wasn't particularly nice. It was funny however when, whilst we were working on being silent and undetectable, Martin's phone went off not once, but twice! The whole Jackson clan flew down from Queensland and Kearney was quite surprised to see his nephew and the whole crew.

We had a night of games and drinking (well not me, I was the designated driver. Always the responsible one!) Mum relented that my gross motor skills were never particularly good when I failed miserably at the toss-the-footy-through-the-hole game. I retorted that dancing requires great gross motor skills, thank you very much!

It was good to see everyone again, we don't see them much besides on Christmas Day.
Here are some photos:




With Kearney's granddaughter Chelsea









Showing off my gross motor skills...



Me, Paige, Paige's boyfriend Spencer, Kearney's niece Taylor, nephew Karl, Myles & Aleata.



Kearney & Martin



Martin, Kearney's sister Desna, Carwyn, Carwyn's fiance Phillipa



Here are some photos from Myles' 40th back in May so you can better see Paige & Kayd:



No comments: