Friday, October 3, 2008

Favourite Things

Latest obsessions:
listening to... the Dixie Chicks & Rascal Flatts

reading... lecture notes for my Stats class (eww)

eating... well, drinking, black tea with honey (yummm)

loving... the fact that it's a long weekend

hating... that I didn't get my mudcake (explanation below)

feeling... pretty happy about life right now :)


Tonight I went out with my church friends to Glenbrook, which is kind of like Penrith's own version of Glebe... there's all kinds of cool stuff but also you get the strong sense that along with the hippie vibe and alternative lifestyles being offerred, someone somewhere is doing some serious drugs.

Hence the reason my hair smells... hippie-ish... herbal-ish... weird-ish, I guess. Not that I was witness to any drug activity. But the busker in the cafe we went to was a little slow on the uptake...

Any way, after indulging in some orange almond cake (I wanted mud cake, but after they sold out of that, I decided I should embrace the "alternative-ism" and be a little radical. Hey, when in Rome...) I did try to go back to the cafe with Mum a few days later in an effort to try the mudcake, and seriously, it was closed! I think God is trying to keep me from this mudcake...

Anyway I was driving home all relaxed (or maybe that was the sugar kicking in at 9.30pm) and when I arrived home I saw one of my favourite sights. We have this big tree (I just checked, we think it's a gum tree. How Aus-strayan!) in our backyard that attracts one of the outside lights, and at night it looks absolutely beautiful. The yellow light creates these dramatic shadows and I love it. It looks like a picture straight out of a coffee table book or something. I decided to take a photo of it, because it is one of my favourite things. I was determined, however the moment I ran inside to grab the camera and stepped back outside, the wind picked up and big fat raindrops started to fall. Like I said, I was determined, so I kept snapping even as the wind blew my dress and my hair all around me, and the rain kept making splashes on the camera. Hence, the photo probably isn't my best work...




And then I took some photos of one of my favourite places, the Regatta Centre










No comments: