Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

This week and last week have been crazy busy! I've had assessments to finish (only 2 more weeks of uni to go!), work, dancing etc etc.

Last Thursday I worked at PAC in both the sick bay and the photocopy room. I'm a jack of all trades! There weren't many patients, which was a surprise because normally come recess and lunch time, the sick bay is chock-a-block.
Although, I did set a record I feel. In a space of 15 minutes I patched up 5 scraped knees (and the kids agreed I did better at that than the nurse Miss Natalie does! Yeah!)

I was pretty flat out running between the 2 rooms. Normally the photocopy room isn't very busy so I always bring a book with me. On Thursday I had plans to read my workbook for my next assignment, but that didn't happen!

Given that I seem to be a regular at PAC now, they've offerred to pay for me to do a St Johns First Aid class, which is good of them. Now I just have to get over my fear of needles and all things medical! LOL.

After work, I went to have my hair done since that was my reward for getting through a pretty stressful week. I said to my hairdresser "What do you think about red?" and she agreed as long as it was a dark brownish red since my hair is already so dark. I said okay, as long as it isn't the same as mum's! She reassured me it wasn't!
I have had lots of compliments on it, which is good considering I'm not even sure how much I like it yet! I'll try and take some photos later so you can see.


Yesterday I had my first violin lesson in 3 weeks. My teacher lent me her book over the holidays and said to just keep working through it. When I showed up on Monday she asked me how I'd gone with it and when I showed her (I left for the holiday on page 20 and came back on page 50!) she said "Bull!". I replied "No Bull." Then she said "Okay, prove it!" And we went on to have a concert of "Alicia's greatest hits" as she called it! She was speechless I have to say, and said she was very impressed. Then she asked me to consider going in her end of year concert, which is just held at PAC. The thing is, I'd be the only adult student. This made her more determined to get me to go in it! She said since I'm a "performer" (with dancing and all that) she's going to put more pressure on me to do it! I still haven't agreed, but I said I'll think about it. I'm a bit Type A (perfectionist) so I want to be confident before I make any appearances!!

No comments: