Monday, January 26, 2009

25 Random Facts About ME!

Ok, so this is the newest craze in the blog world (you'll just have to trust me on that)... posting 25 random facts about yourself!

This is going to be a bit harder for me, seeing as most of the people who read my blog are related to me... so they kinda know me! :)

But I thought it would be fun, so here we go:


1. I'm a bit citizenship-challenged, because I have a New Zealand passport but changed to Australian citizenship so I could apply for uni.

2. I secretly love the All Blacks, but love giving Kiwis a hard time when the Aussies win any sport so I support Australia.

3. That said, I actually hate doing sport. I am certainly not a runner, and I hate sweat.

4. When I was 7, I told my mum I was never going to wear trackpants that had elasticised ankles ever again because they made my legs look fat. To this day, I never have.

5. In primary school, my nickname was "Dictionary" because I was a really good speller and never had to look words up in the dictionary to find out how they were spelt. I never did enter any spelling bees though...

6. At high school, my nickname was "Princess" because I told a story in Year 8 History about how my great-great-great-great-great grandmother was a Maori Queen, so that made me "this much Princess". I was also a little bit precious, so the name stuck.

7. I gave myself the nickname citychick because I'm not really an outdoorsy, country kind of girl. But really, I don't love the city that much.

8. When I was in Kindergarten, I told my mum I was convinced that when I grew up, I was going to be a teacher during the week and a hairdresser on the weekends (you know, because it's not like teachers take home any work with them and hairdressers don't work on weekdays!)

9. I have had a fear of needles ever since I can remember. When I was in hospital with an infection when I was 5, I remember it took 5 nurses AND my mum to hold me down before they could put my IV in. I've also gotten so upset during school vaccinations that the Headmaster came out to see what was going on, and when I had an allergic reaction to penicillin when I was a teenager, I refused to have a shot. The doctor told me, you realise people die from allergic reactions, and I said "That's ok, just don't give me the needle!". Dad told him it was genetic! (That's my excuse too!)

10. I used to love flying, but the older I get, the more scared I am of it.

11. I eat Nutella straight from the jar.

12. I can count on one hand the number of fruits that I actually eat. Although I prefer fruit to vegetables!

13. I get in obsessive compulsive moods, where I randomly go on a cleaning spree or organising binge. For instance, my shirts are organised by sleeve length and then neck line, my dresses from most casual to most dressy, and my sock drawer by colour.

14. I hate staying around the house all day. I need to be doing something!

15. Apparently I'm a true Gemini because one minute I can be cranky and the next I'm perfectly happy. Although I think starsigns are a load of rubbish...

16. I considered getting a car I didn't actually like, just because it came in pink.

17. When I received my scholarship letter, I was convinced I didn't get it because surely if I won, they would at least tell me over the phone!

18. I want to learn to scrapbook, but I'm holding off because it's just so expensive!

19. I have really good willpower if I put my mind to it. I think it also helps that I'm stubborn.

20. I have 40 dresses in my wardrobe. I can't not buy a pretty dress, especially if it's on sale! I would wear dresses every day if I could.

21. I refused to buy a pink dress to wear to either of my school formals because I knew it's what everyone would expect.

22. I don't like white chocolate. I do like dark chocolate though.

23. I wonder if when I'm a teacher the kids will be able to pronounce my last name. As it is, I get many variations already.

24. Sometimes I like studying just because it gives you an excuse to put everything in order.

25. Have you noticed how this list isn't exactly random? I've subconsciously categorised it... I do that. I like order. At work, I think if one top comes in many colours, they should all be grouped together so the customers can choose from said colours. JeansWest disagrees. They think we should spread the colours out and put them all over the shop. I do it my way!

No comments: