Thursday, May 28, 2009

America Photos, Part 3

After San Diego, we travelled to Anaheim. I can't say that I remember much about the bus ride from San Diego to Anaheim, because pretty much the whole bus conked out for the entire 2 hour trip! I guess the jet lag kinda caught up on us.


Once we got to Anaheim, the first thing I remember seeing is the Disneyland sign. Disneyland has it's own road signs! Finally we pulled up to our hotel, and it was literally across the road from Disneyland! That night, Haylee, Claryse & I went across to Downtown Disneyland, which is basically the place you go when you want to shop Disney-style. It's still in the park complex, but not actually in Disneyland park, so you can go in and out as much as you want without your ticket.






The next day was a free day in Anaheim. We spent the afternoon at Build-a-Bear in Downtown Disney, celebrating two of the little girls' birthdays.

Here's me with my build-a-bear (I only acquired it because Jordan, one of the birthday girls, chose it and stuffed it with fluff before rejecting it and picking another one! Hence it's name, "The Jordy Reject"! )



That night, we had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe, also in Downtown Disney.



The next day was our first performance. We performed at Knott's Berry Farm at 11.30am.







That performance was particularly interesting. Our backstage "area" consisted of a dusty backstage area with a concrete path outside that had a drain right in the middle of it. It was dirty. Literally. There was dirt everywhere, since it was wide open with no roof.

But that wasn't the worst of it. Apparently moments before we came on stage, the parents in the audience were asking the staff if they could please hammer in those nails sticking out of the stage so we didn't get caught on them! How professional.


After our performance, we were free to explore the park. I have to say, I wasn't particularly impressed by it, but I guess that's because I'm not much of a "scary rides" person and they were the main kind of rides that KBF had.

I was also going to post some photos of us from our performance, but I can't find any good ones. We're all collating our photos onto one CD, so I'll post some when I get that.

No comments: