Sunday, September 13, 2009

New Zealand... Mt Cook in pictures

As soon as we landed in Christchurch, we were off on our drive to Mt Cook.

This is me at the Church of the Good Shepherd at Lake Tekapo.



Yeah, it was cold.








When we got to Mt Cook, it was snowing!




We thought we'd go out to eat, but this is me right before I slipped and slid all over the icy ground.


We decided to stay in since walking the half mile to the nearest cafe was just not going to happen, we couldn't drive since we didn't have snow chains on our car, and the taxis had also stopped because of the snow. We were literally snowed in!

I had a dinner of a cup of noodles, a chocolate bar and toasted marshmallows.





This was the view from our hotel room the next day.



We had to shovel the snow off our car. Well, we didn't do it. The hotel guy did.

I had fun walking around in all the snow.


It was so pretty!

No comments: