Thursday, July 29, 2010

Musings & Ramblings

In no order whatsoever:

1. My two classes on Friday were so good! The first was a tutorial for Primary HSIE, where each table was given a book to analyse in regards to the HSIE syllabus. A few of the books we recognised, & we were all taken straight back to our childhoods. In my last class, Primary Science & Technology, we walked in & our tutor dumped a whole lot of electric circuitry stuff on out tables and told us to make the tiny lightbulbs glow. Unbeknownst to us, while we figured it out on our own, he was typing up our comments and conversations as he listened around him! When he revealed it all to us on the projector screen, we all burst out laughing! Especially when we recognised the things we'd each said!

2. I haven't baked in almost a week. Something may be wrong with me. The mixmaster lies on the bench unused.

3. I had to pay $1100 to my insurance company in order to get my car fixed. Which is A LOT, but on the bright side I'm lucky I just had a birthday, because it would've been a whole lot more if I was stil 21 or under.

4. My sewing machine is broken. The bobbin keeps catching whenever I try to feed any material through. So annoying. I have a really old Singer, and my friend Elise suggested I get some Singer Oil, but now I have no idea what to do with said oil.

5. Yesterday there was really pretty light in the afternoon, that made me want to go take photos somewhere, but I was really lacking any inspiration.

6. I bought Season 1 of Friday Night Lights on DVD and it has become a new favourite. Who would've thought that a TV series about a town crazy over high school grid iron would appeal to me?

7. We have started to get a lot of our Spring fashion in at work, and it is so pretty! After the dark colours of winter, seeing colour and pattern and florals is such a nice change! I'm loving it.

8. My sore throat made a re-emergence earlier this week, but has yet to be seen again. I guess the antibiotics are still doing their job.

9. I get to go on prac in 2 weeks in the middle of August! I am so excited to actually get to teach in a classroom! There aren't many local school that are on the list, but one of them that is, is actually my old primary school! How funny is that!

10. I am really obsessed with nuts at the moment- any kind. Macadamias, pecans, cashews, peanuts. I love them all. There is a little stall at the local markets that sell praline nuts- oh my gosh, I'm in love. It's so disappointing that the markets are only run once every month!

No comments: