Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Catch up

Just a quick post- because I am at uni and am about to go to a lecture in 10 minutes.

I have been absolutely smashed by uni work. With two weeks to go, it seems like they have hit us hard with assignments. I have to do lesson plans, presentations, group work, make a website, write essays... the list goes on.

Last week I didn't even venture out of the house unless it was for uni. I spent the public holiday Monday literally holed up in my house all day. I didn't got to dancing that day... or the next... or the next. I even skipped Bible Study. I was so snowed under. Comer the weekend, I was exhausted. I got home after work on Sunday afternoon and had a nap with the intention of waking up around 5.30pm in time to go to church... and it just didn't happen. When I woke up, it was dark. But it felt so good to sleep!

Now, I have a little break from assignments (and I mean literally a few days' reprieve), so I'm back in the world a little bit. Yesterday I was at Kingswood campus all day for a skills day for Year 9 kids as part of the community service we have to do in our degree. It was actually quite fun to hang out with older kids and get to know them a little bit. Since they're pretty unfamiliar with the campus, we organised an "Amazing Race"-style challenge where they were put into teams and had to find certain locations using cryptic clues. My team won! We got in trouble for running inside though... haha. But it was worth it!

Tonight my Bible Study is going out for dinner and then to see Iron Man 2 at the movies. On Saturday night we went to Jenny's house and watched the first Iron Man whilst making homemade pizzas, and we all liked it so much that we agreed to go and see the sequel tonight! Hopefully it lives up to the hype!

No comments: