Sunday, May 30, 2010

What Makes Me Happy...

Baking
I love everything about the process- the ingredients, the mixing, the baking, and the eating! I love seeing a recipe come to life. It's so fun for me.

Scarves
Rarely does a day go by in winter or autumn where I'm not wearing a scarf. And even in spring and summer- there are so many lightweight scarves made now that I often accessorise with one then too! I have an addiction to buying colourful scarves. In fact, I have two rungs on my closet doors specifically just for hanging all of my scarves!

Sydney summers
There is nothing like summer in Sydney- it's nearly Christmas time, everyone's on holidays, the days are long and the weather is hot. I love it. Everyone seems more relaxed during summer. People have BBQ's, pool parties, go to the beach or head to the coast. You get to wear more casual clothing like t-shirts, shorts and dresses, and it's an excuse to just wear thongs instead of normal shoes!

Photography
I especially love taking photos of kids and seeing their personalities come through in an image.

Reading a good book
Right now, my bedside table has a pile of 6 books waiting to be read... I love getting caught up in a good story. You can see what I've been reading lately on my sidebar on the right.

Dancing
I love all the people I have met through the dance studio I go to. I love working up a sweat at dance classes- because it doesn't feel like exercise since it's so much fun!

Working at school
I love my job working at my old school. I love getting to know the kids, and them knowing me. Just last week, I had a group of Year 5 girls tell me I'm "cool" because "I know what they like", and it made my day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a terrific list!

Have a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend!