Monday, November 17, 2008

Dressing Up

On Saturday, my best friend from uni, Mel, had her 21st birthday party. The theme was "fairytale and imaginary creatures" and I really struggled to choose a character to dress up as, seeing as I didn't want to be 1 of 100 fairies or princesses!

I'm not blonde, so Cinderella and co. were out. Mum suggested Belle from Beauty & the Beast, but I didn't fancy having to swan around in a yellow ball gown all night. Other suggestions included Red Riding Hood (but sure enough, there were a few of those present anyway) or Gretel from Hansel & Gretel (do they even have an identifiable costume? Turns out they do... a couple dressed up as them on the night!)

Anyway, after much deliberation, I dressed up as...
































.... Snow White!

There were actually 2 other Snow Whites at the party (1, a shorter, skankier version and the other, a little girl in a Disney costume who didn't come near me despite my efforts to cajole her! Maybe I'm scary in costume...?)


Here are some other pictures from the night (it was 7pm, just daylight savings!)

Me with the birthday girl (Pippi Longstockings aka Mel)



Me with my friend from school (Sleeping Beauty aka Claryse)



Red Riding Hood & the Woodchopper



I Dream of Jeannie, Fairy, Gretel & Hansel


No comments: