Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 in review

Today being the last day of 2009- first of all, wow. Second of all - a lot happened for me this year.

Let's recap:

In January, we spent New Year's Eve in Queensland. I went to a Casting Crowns concert. I went to the beach with my friends.

In February, I started my last year of Bachelor of Arts. I started back with violin lessons. Our church started a Youth Group and I was asked to be one of the leaders. Later in the month, my Uncle Jeff & Aunty Nicki came to visit from New Zealand

In March, uni was back in full swing. I started tutoring an 11 year old girl I knew from dancing. I started back working at PAC, for two hours each on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I started babysitting two of my ballet teacher's kids every Wednesday.

In April, I went to America with my dance studio. We danced at Disneyland & travelled around LA and then I went to New York with 2 friends from dancing and had the most amazing time.

In May, I had to come back to reality. I went to my first ballet. I saw the Nutcracker at the Sydney Opera House with my ballet teacher and some other students from dancing.

In June, I turned 21. My grandma and grandad came to visit for the occasion.

In July, I was hospitalised twice, once for a pilonidal abscess (which resulted in having my first ever surgery) and two weeks later, for a horrible bout of gastroenteritis.

In August, I started working at PAC as a junior school sports helper for a few hours each Friday. I also went on a mission trip to the town of Molong with my church.

In September, we flew to New Zealand for Neil's nephew's wedding. We went skiing in Queenstown. On the day of the wedding, held at 4 o'clock in the afternoon, I honestly believe I have never been so cold in my life. It was -4 degrees outside.

In October, I partially dislocated my knee, and had to endure weeks of painful physiotherapy in the hope of being able to compete in the group Eisteddfod my dance group was entered in. I didn't make it. But...

In November, Mum & I started yoga. I finished my uni exams, and unofficially finished my Bachelor of Arts for good. I went to see Britney Spears in concert at the Sydney Acer Arena.

In December, my cousin Andrea arrived from New Zealand. We did lots of tourist-y things. I was able to dance in my studio's dance concert. I made it through all 8 routines without any pain or further injury!


Whew! Just looking over all of that exhausts me!


And not to mention:
I took up photography.
I saw lots of movies.
I worked part time at Jeans West.
I learnt to bake.
I cut my hair, grew it out and then cut it shorter a few weeks ago.
I babysat for 4 different families.
I taught Sunday School.
I participated in a book club.
I read lots of interesting books, outside of the book club.
I learnt A LOT.

No comments: