Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Retail

I work in retail and my feet hurt.

That is all.





Just kidding.


I've worked three days in a row and it's killing me. Or should I say, it's killing me feet. As a uni student, I never spend much time on my feet (I'm always sitting in lecture halls or at a desk somewhere), so to be standing up all day is just not happening for me!


Luckily, I get tomorrow (Christmas Eve) off. I'm so excited for Christmas! Already there are presents under our tree - I've been trying to suss out what they are, and I think I know what the one for me is. Sorry, mum! I can't help it that I'm a good guesser.


You know what else? I can't believe the number of people that leave their Christmas shopping so late. Just tonight, I had a girl come in who had only started her shopping yesterday. As in the 22nd of December. Talk about cutting it close... But it kinda made me happy because she spent lots of money in our store and helped me make my target for the day (my Sales Manager Dad would be very, very proud!)

I've done a lot of my Christmas shopping online this year, and it had proven to be very valuable in that it saves me time and I don't have to go out to the shops and fight my way through the crowds! If you could only see Penrith Plaza at this time of year.... One word. Chaos.

I kind of like it though - after all, it wouldn't be Christmas without the gifts and the shopping and the crowds, now would it?!

No comments: