Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Cake Balls

Jessica is hosting a Cookie Recipe Exchange on her blog, and I thought it would be fun to join!

Every Christmas for the past few years, my Mum makes these Christmas Cake balls (I help!) We got the recipe from my godson's mum.


The recipe is as follows:
800g fruit cake (although I was thinking I might try cheesecake this year...)
250g block milk or white chocolate
125g butter
2-3 tablespooms of Irish whiskey (or you can substitute with another liqueur such as rum, brandy, Kahlua, Frangelico etc or use vanilla essence or orange juice)


Melt half the block of chocolate and the butter in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.

Crumble the fruit cake in and add the liqueur and mix it in.

Spread greaseproof paper on baking trays and using a teaspoon amount of the mixture, roll it into balls and then put them in the fridge for a few hours to set until they become hard.

Then melt the rest of the chocolate in a bowl as before and spread a teaspoon's amount over the top of each cake ball until it is completely covered.

Makes 40.



This year, my mum & I made them using Kahlua and 125g milk chocolate (for the mixture) and 125g white chocolate (for the icing). We also added a quarter of a red glace cherry to each one, so it looked like a mini Christmas pudding!

Don't they look cute?





5 comments:

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Summer said...

sounds yummy and original! Thanks for sharing :0)
Summer

susieq said...

could you please convert for me the 250g = and 800g ='s and the 125g of butter ='s. I want to make these Christmas Balls so bad.

~Alicia~ said...

Sure Susie, I googled "convert grams to ounces" and found that
800g = 28oz
250g = 9oz
125g = 4.5oz

Anonymous said...

Grеat article.

Alѕο visit my pagе ... green cοffee ()